INCLEMENT WEATHER DAYS
UPDATED PROCEDURES & FAQ
What public school division’s inclement weather schedule does my campus follow?
UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED ON THE APTS WEBSITE:
On inclement weather days, APTS campus buildings will follow the corresponding public school divisions:
• Alexandria campus will follow Fairfax County Public Schools;
• Manassas Campus will follow Manassas City Public Schools;
• Stafford Campus will follow Stafford County Public Schools;
• Central Administrative Office will follow Prince William County Public Schools
What happens if my campus is closed due to inclement weather?
In the event of school closures, APTS will, in most cases, shift to a virtual school day as follows:
•For inclement weather days with virtual classes, the school day for all students is in session from 10:00 am -3:00 pm, with a 1-hour break taken from 12-1pm.
•An email from the student’s teacher will be sent out by 9:00 am on virtual learning days that will include the learning packet for that day.
•Asynchronous learning will also be provided.
•For situations in which a student’s county of residence is closed but the APTS campus building is open, those students will automatically shift to the virtual sessions from 10 am – 3 pm.
How can I be sure that my campus is open or closed?
An announcement will be made by 6:00 am via social media and on the APTS website whether:
• Specific APTS buildings are open as usual;
• Any building will open on a two-hour delayed basis;
• Any building is closed and classes have shifted to virtual for the day, or
• APTS is closed for the day resulting from power outages or other extreme circumstances.
Will meals be provided to free and reduced eligible students on inclement weather days?
APTS will periodically send home pre-packed meals to free and reduced eligible children in anticipation of unforeseen cancellations. When inclement weather is being predicted for a particular day by meteorologists, APTS will do its best to send home ahead of time a pre-packed meal for eligible students